Crew win 4-3, wish you were here

Brad from the front office talked to me at Ruby Tuesdays after the match, and that was the headline he told me he suggested to the Dispatch writer covering the game for the Sunday paper. It did not make the cut, but I thought it was appropriate.

I froze my ass off, and I loved every moment of it

I arrived to Crew Stadium around 4:00p.m. to start tailgating with some friends in the parking lot right next to some of the only porta-johns at Crew stadium. (this was very beneficial after drinking 6 or 7 beers in sub-freezing temperatures!) Some members of the tailgate decided it was too cold to go inside for the match (I have to say that some of the people in the group who tailgated where not REAL Crew fans and some might have qualified for an AARP card) but at 7:20pm I headed for those pearly gates of Crew stadium.

As I was walking towards the stadium, the Hooligans were coming from the other direction. I joined up and as usual, caused some noise entering the stadium announcing the arrival of Hudson Street. Made my way to what seems will be my permanent place in the stands this season (as I have stood in the same exact place for both matches) right on the end next to an aisle and leaning over the front railing hurling abuses at any official or opposing player that comes within ear shot.

Atmosphere was electric. I felt as if half of Crew stadiums attendance for the evening was down in our corner of the stadium. My voice was struggling for life by half-time, but I drank some expensive ass beer at the half and that seemed to cure my voice.

During the match flares were thrown onto the pitch on three different occasions if I remember correctly. I know the FO is concerned about the flares, and they seem to have hired a flare guy to run out there and grab them, but it looks fucking awesome. What I did have an issue with, even in my drunken state, was the couple of beer bottles that I saw being thrown from the stands. If you want to give someone a beer shower, that's fine, but throw the liquid, not the object containing the liquid. We don't want somebody to get hurt by one of these objects and having a penalty or restriction coming down from the FO on the supporters groups that sit in the Nordecke.

Everyone has recapped the goals and the red cards so I not going to comment further on the play of the match. I will comment though on the support in the Nordecke. It was top class once again. In my minds the support was just as good if not better than it was for TFC. I got to meet some more members of all three supporters groups that make up this section of the stadium, and their passion and love for this team is just absolutely amazing. This stage may just be a fucking blessing in disguise since it has brought us all together.

The team is feeding off of the Nordecke. You can see it in their play, and in their emotion. I think it is a great tradition (and it seems like the heart and soul of the club, our captain Frankie has started it) that the team is starting by coming over to the section as a team after the match and bowing to the supporters and applauding them. Then to top it all off, the beast that is Frankie gets so amped up that he tears off his shirt, screaming, runs towards the section and tosses it into the Nordecke (one of the HSH guys caught it, and it will be framed at Ruby Tuesdays, which is proper). Love this fucking man. He shows passion and love for this club and its supporters that I think is becoming contagious among the rest of the team. Hell, even Guillemo gave us a quick wave of appreciation as we chanted his name as he lined up for that free quick by the section.

I stood once again with Hudson Street during the match and went over to Ruby Tuesdays post-match to have some brews. I got to meet some more of the members of Hudson Street there, and also talked to some of the Crew Union guys that were in there having a few drinks. I enjoyed myself at last match against TFC and this weekend in the section with HSH and at Ruby Tuesdays post-match talking with the guys that I decided I was officially going to join the ranks of HSH that night. So I am now a card carrying member of the Hooligans.

I also want to point out that if you have not been to Ruby Tuesdays yet, GET THERE! It is a proper bar for Crew supporters. It is nice to be able to go somewhere after a Crew victory and drink, sing and chant with others that have a passion for the game and the Crew similar to your own. I had a great fucking time there Saturday night, and am looking forward to many more Saturdays with the Hooligans and other supporters pre and post match.

The Norecke will grow. We will become louder. The passion and love we have for this club and its players is becoming infectious. Crew stadium is truly becoming OUR HOUSE, even when there are only 6,500 other "Crew" fans in attendance. I feel sorry for the Houston Fucking Dynamo, because they do not know what they are in for when they come into Crew Stadium on the 26th.

-Keep the pints flowing
Brad

5 comments:

Chris said...

Great first post, Brad. Keep 'em coming!

Ryan Kozlowski said...

Good stuff Brad enjoyed the post.

Anonymous said...

thanks Chris and Derrick...Cheers

Ryan Kozlowski said...

dude my name is Ryan, lol.

Anonymous said...

sorry Ryan. Met a lot of people recently and I am horrible with names .