One Month In, What's Up For The Next Month?

Collective work from others like the images from Ultra will make this site even better in the next month.

As Crewture just recently marked it's one month anniversary some folks might be asking what is up next:

More Writers
--Well first I want to bring in more writers to improve content and differing opinions on the Crew (achieved this by bringing smithnwesson and hardhat on board the other day.) Nevertheless, I'm still always looking for more writers, so far it's (myself, electrickeeper, smithnwesson, hardhatmike, and Blake from HSH). I was hoping for more at this point but I would be happy if that number doubled or tripled next month. On blogger you can have up to 100 authors certified to write on a site. I want eventually 100 authors. Therefore, don't be shy. Just email me or leave a comment with your email and I'll send you an invitation. The only requirement needed is that your a Crew fan.

Why is this such a big deal to Crewture?
More writers are essiential to the success of this site, even if it's just 10 or 20. That way everyone can contribute when they have a great story developing in their heads or have a topic they really want to talk about. When I'm doing most of the writing there will be a lot of days I will be reaching for material. Additionally, it takes up a lot of time from trying to find a job or apply to law or grad schools as it's a busy time in my life. When there are a lot of writers each can sit down whenever they have some free time and a lot of Crew on their minds and post.

Advertising
I know that there is no way in hell to make a living off of blogging. If that would be the case, that would be the good life. However last night I typed into google "how to make money off of blogging" and basically it's advertising and affliating merchandise. I signed up for five different accounts with different websites that offer these services and will be testing them for effectiveness and worth. It's very simple if you like what you see on this site, all you have to do is click on the links and it supports us.

So far I have made a whopping 11 cents off of google Adsense. I tried to add a image banner but it was too distracting at the top of the screen.

I added World Soccer Shop and that's if someone buys Crew merchandise I get a meager 8% percent cut. So buy with Crewture. :-)

I also tried some other affliations. There is this one called Blog Ads where you have to get sponsored to get approved and I sent in for a sponsor by email. Basically, with it companies come to you with deals let's say 50 bucks a month to advertise on your site. And, as the blogger you can either approve or deny them. I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.

I tried one through linkshare. I was like well Dick's Sporting Goods likes soccer. Well, I guess not as I got this today:

Dear Ryan Kozlowski:
We regret to inform you that DicksSportingGoods.com has chosen not to accept you into their affiliate program at this time. The reason for this decision may be as follows:* inability to access Web site* Web site not yet live* * inappropriate material on site.

I'm guessing it's inappropriate language? Maybe my music is too intense and the three or four swear words on the site is a little intense for Dick's. :-0

Why is this such a big deal to Crewture?
Because the money we get can lead for funding for more supporters banners and other materials for the supporters groups, more technology, and even possibly a podcast (as me and smithnwesson were talking about working on one). This is just the tip of the iceberg because there is so much more I want to do with this site in the next few months and I can't because I'm a broke college student. Therefore, if we have some advertising please give a click or two and support Crewture.

Also we get 500-1000 hits a day. If you want to advertise your business on here we could make a deal through my email address. This could especially be beneficial for Columbus businesses.

Podcast
Myself and JD are working on a podcast idea. The Red Patch Boys do a weekly one on their site (they could also find better guys for it as there last one rips on the Crew for being an awful team although we won the game). I think it would be cool if Crew fans could have a weekly show dedicated to the Crew on here.

Why is this important to Crewture?
Because some things are better said through voice instead of through writing. You can express weekly what your thinking about the Crew without some individuals taking it the wrong way. Also it would be the only podcast and weekly broadcast I know of dedicated to the Crew. Additionally, it would be damn cool.



Join the team.

I couldn't have done this without the support of electric keeper, the ultra with the images, everyone that emailed me with support through stories, images, and congrats on a job well done. Also without the new writers and everyone else that has extended a hand when I needed the help. So if you have some great ideas to improve this site, want to write, want to advertise, etc. Email me at rck6114@sru.edu. I can promise any money that this site can make will be dedicated to making our supporter section better.

Go Crew!

No comments: