Crew Make Roster Space For Mystery Striker, Cut Niko



Niko Hernandez was cut yesterday by the Crew in a decision that I think is a very good one. Niko wasn't adding anything to the squad. With him gone and So cut last week the Crew are definitely gearing up for another striker signing. I have heard some things and expect it to be an up and coming player that can add depth. The player probably won't raise the Crew's average squad age at all.

I have been looking all over for news on a player out of contract or being shopped that the Crew could be after. Nothing. I'm guessing the player will be American though and didn't come from Bliss's Brazil trip.

I also don't think it will be a significant mind blowing signing. I could be wrong though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we should trade for Alecko Eskandarian. Even though he's had some injuries we can deal with that but he's a top pick there for he should be starting for a team and not on the bench. If we give Chivas a draft pick or a player we no longer need we can have Alecko.

junior21 said...

Alecko would never come to Columbus!!

Ryan Kozlowski said...

I think the Alecko and Ruiz things are bullshit.

I also don't think it will be Gibbs, Lewis, etc.

HSH_B said...

Zach did you know Alecko Eskandarian is a douchebag? He tried to just flat take out Guille last year in the 90th minute and received a straight red card. Screw Alecko, and Im with Ryan about Ruiz, he's a flopping fish that needs to be cooked, he has looked like crap this year and I hope LA keeps him TOO long.