Even LA Papers Believe Beckham Was Faking It

The fans at Home Depot Center who came adorned in David Beckham jerseys cheered wildly when their hero earned a phantom penalty in the 82nd minute.

And I don't care what anyone wants to say this is the biggest dive in the history of dives, dispicable really:


Beckham defended his penalty call though, somehow:
"I thought it was (a penalty)," Beckham said. "The player caught me as I dummied the ball. He grabbed me around the waist."

Crew players disagreed:
"No one said they touched him," Crew defender Frankie Hejduk said.

Beckham's thoughts after the game on the refs:
"I seem to be saying it every week, it's the consistency," Beckham said.

You know what, shut the hell up Beckham. You got a gift penalty for doing the worst dive I have ever seen. You should be kissing Geiger's feet. At least the foul on Rogers by Xavier was reckless even if he did get the ball. It looked like a possible foul and it was outside the box. If it's outside the box the defense at least has a chance. On a PK there is no chance. It's a 95% percent conversion rate to maybe 20% percent.

Then Beckham had to say the following about his wide open miss after Lenhart's goal:
Daily Breeze commentary, On his clear chance to win the game with a late shot, Beckham blamed the grass.

"It felt like the penalty I took against Portugal (at the 2004 European championships)," he said.

Maybe it was just a horrible shot. What a puss magnet, seriously.

No comments: