Originally Posted by TrueCrew:
2) "Sigi continues to be a tactical coward. There's nothing like taking off your two best attacking players (Ekpo/Schelotto) when down 1-0. Also, nothing like keeping 4 backs and 2 d-mids in the game. ADOPT A MORE ATTACKING POSTURE WHEN BEHIND! It's not that complicated."
Originally Posted by TrueCrew:
"No way we get a point if Sigi's making subs last week.
Bob should either make all tactical decisions, or just coach the team."
Originally Posted by THOMA GOL:
"Yeah seeing those subs last week from Warzycha blew me away, mainly because I'm not used to see that go for broke mentality from a Crew head coach. He threw everything but the kitchen sink to try to get something of a point. Real leaders take risks, so I was told."
My thoughts: When you are down 1-0 on the road why not take off Carroll or a defender like Warzycha did last week? Why do you take Ekpo off(and his two goals from the last two games) so early in the second half for Oughton. Even if Ekpo isn't getting it done early on he is the type of player that can give you one magnificient play(ala Colorado) that can result in a goal. Duncan probably can't as if anything that is putting more defense on the field. I wouldn't of minded though Oughton starting for Evans or even better Miglioranzi for Evans because Evans does nothing.
Then you take off Schelotto(the only guy with a shot on goal by the time he left the game) for Lenhart. Lenhart coming on is fine but why at this point later in the game do you not take off a defender? Are we defending the 1-0 loss?
Why Iro Didn't Play?
Apparently O'Rourke's father had the answer,
Originally Posted By DrunkandDisorderly:
"So I'm watching the game tonight at Fado's and I had been making a few comments throughout the night about how Danny is much better suited to play left back(I agree). Around the 80th minute an older man comes up to me and asks "what do you have against Danny playing center back" and I respond that he doesn't seem to have the instincts to play there. Turns out the old man was Danny's father. He didn't take to kindly to my criticism to say the least."
Originally Posted By DrunkandDisorderly:
"I tried to tell him that I would rather see Iro get experience back there and he just replied with a laugh and said that Iro is horrible and will never be a regular in MLS. I can't wait to see where Andy and Danny are in 4 years."
My thoughts: I think Iro is a better center back and Danny is a better outside back. There is room for both in there. Danny can play left back the rest of the season(what is so wrong about left back?) since Padula will probably never get healthy and Iro can play center back. Then everyone is happy. I was kind of surprised though with the decision of Junge over Iro. But, maybe O'Rourke's father and Sigi know more then we do.
Craptastic Tactics Last Night?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Watching the game at Fado (where Danny O's dad was at) The place erupted when we took out Ekpo and put in Oughton. I was looking around like WTF are you cheering about Oughton isnt going to do anything offensively? Everybody was stoked about Ryan Junge too at least in my section of the restaraunt. I dont understand Crew fans some times, and I definitely dont understand our tactical backwardness and cowardly defensive moves when down a goal. O well we have the ESPN game coming up
Post a Comment