Monday Musings

**Jen Chang and Crewfighter? Seperated At Birth?

I was talking about Okocha the other day seems that Mr. Chang of Soccernet is thinking the same thing.

ESPN Soccernet Blog

"Player Pimping:

I've been of the opinion for several years now that Nigerian midfielder Jay-Jay Okocha needs to be signed by MLS. He has exactly the right type of flair and ball skills that will entertain and unlike, say, a Denilson, actually add value to his team. (For further evidence of the impact of his game, look at Bolton post-Okocha, and Hull this past season getting promoted to the EPL with Okocha's help). For some reason, Hull inexplicably released Okocha after the season, so he's now a free agent. I'm hoping someone in MLS makes the call."

Chang came up with it two days before I did. But, I like his thinking. Who wants to bet that Okocha is coming to C-bus? He would be a great mentor for Ekpo.

**The Crew Really Want You On Thursday
According to Mitchell, the blitz is on to get you out to the stadium on Thursday.

My thoughts: There will be 10,000 no matter what. I'll be shocked if our advertising department actually knows how to advertise the Crew.

**I was working today at my one job, which don't laugh is a Produce Specialist at a Supermarket in Meadville, PA, the other is bartending until I move to C-bus. And, this one guy came in today wearing a Crew Jersey circa 2002. I did a double take as I was far away and figured it was a Pirates jersey. But, I'm like, "nope, I know that pattern from anywhere." I got closer, the guy was wondering why I was looking at him weird.

"Are you a Crew fan?" I said, you have to be careful when approaching Crew fans. They are like cornered wild animals.

"Yeah I go to 4 or 5 games a year," the guy was about 35-40 but I told him I sit in the crazy section every game and I was hoping to talk to him longer but then I got a phone call on line one.

It was just insane to see people wearing Crew gear in Meadville, PA. I now know about 10-15 ppl from where I live that have been to a Crew game. I'm going to call it "New Columbus."

**And, the most revealing piece of info I have ever seen.

No comments: