Youngsters Garey and Elenio will probably be called upon to fill the holes left by Lenhart and Hejduk.
MLS is billing this a clash of two contenders.
Really? I mean Superliga success aside, the Houston Dynamoes are 8 points back of the Crew and still have been rather slow to climb up the Western table. Even though the Dynamoes now sit in second place, who hasn't sat in second place in the snail's pace West? Other then San Jose.
Since the Crew will be missing Lenny and Frankie to add on to Rogers and Ekpo in Houston, here is what our lineup should look like, maybe. It isn't pretty.:
---------------Hesmer-----------------
O'Rourke--------Iro-----------Marshall
---------------Carroll----------------
Gaven-----------Evans------Miglioranzi
or Elenio--------Migs-----------Gaven
---------------Schelotto--------------
-------Moreno------------Garey--------
Cory Elenio may get his first start somewhere in the midfield because of our stituation with Hejduk out. Also Gino Padula is probably still out. But, who knows with Gino.
Additionally, it won't be easy for the Crew playing at Robertson Stadium as the Dynamoes have a loud home support and they have started to get results at home, the last being an impressive 2-0 win over Pachuca. So, it seems Houston is firing on all cylinders.
However, luckily for the Crew, Houston will be missing De Rosario.
Prediction: 2-0 Crew
I'm going with another 2-0 road win as it didn't prove me wrong last time. It's going to be tough but I feel some youngsters on the bench will step up and show that they belong. I also feel like Hesmer is about to have his best stretch, form wise, this season.
Crewfighter's Crew vs. Dynamoes Preview: Stepping Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was impressed with Elenio in the West Ham game. He had a sweet service on the goal and hit the frame in the second half which would have tied the game up. I have a strange confidence that the Crew will get the result in this game for some reason
zayner is starting tomorrow- can we get a picture?!
Yeah I have an odd confidence as well.
A picture of Zayner? Go to mlsnet.com rosters.
Zayner is starting. Man, that isn't going to make Blake happy.
Post a Comment